7 Leopard Puffer Freshwater SM/MD Fresh Live Fish
7 Leopard Puffer Freshwater SM/MD Fresh Live Fish by Thai Live Aquarium at Huggy Pet. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Water Requirements for Freshwater Puffers Freshwater puffers do best at a pH between 7.0 and 7.6, with the temperature between 74° and 78° F. Aquarium salt should not be added to a freshwater puffer aquarium unless it is used to treat diseases. This should not be confused with brackish water species such as Figure 8 and Green Spotted puffers, which are frequently kept in fresh water in aquarium shops and are sold as such. While these fish can be adapted to freshwater, they tend to be more susc
Product Description & Reviews
Water Requirements for Freshwater Puffers Freshwater puffers do best at a pH between 7.0 and 7.6, with the temperature between 74° and 78° F. Aquarium salt should not be added to a freshwater puffer aquarium unless it is used to treat diseases. This should not be confused with brackish water species such as Figure 8 and Green Spotted puffers, which are frequently kept in fresh water in aquarium shops and are sold as such. While these fish can be adapted to freshwater, they tend to be more susceptible to diseases, especially ecto-parasites like Ich and Oodinium, when kept this way. If the aquarium is kept in a room below 74°, use an Aqueon aquarium heater to increase the heat. Maintain good filtration and do a 10% water change every two weeks or 25% once a month using an Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer or Siphon Vacuum Gravel Cleaner. Don't forget to treat tap water with Aqueon Water Conditioner before refilling your aquarium! Housing Requirements for Freshwater Puffers The freshwater puffer aquarium should be well decorated and include caves, grottos and overhangs to provide shelter and hiding places. Aquarium size depends on which species you want to keep. For example, Dwarf Pea puffers (C. travancoricus) can be kept in aquariums as small as 5 gallons, while other species need 20 gallons or more per fish. Some larger species don't need as much space as you would expect based on their size, because they spend most of their time motionless. Below is a list of recommended aquarium sizes for typically available species:
Features & Highlights
- Puffer fish are best known for their ability to inflate their bodies to avoid being swallowed by larger fish, but their "E.T." - like faces and unique personalities are what attract people to them and lead many who keep them to consider them a true pet. They learn to recognize their human companions, greeting them enthusiastically when they approach the aquarium, and will even hand feed. Puffer fish can be found in the ocean, brackish estuaries and freshwater habitats around the world, and some
- Freshwater puffers are found in river systems throughout Southeast Asia, parts of India and Bangladesh, the Amazon basin in South America, and the Congo, Nile and other rivers in Africa. The Gold-ringed or Mbu puffer is even found in Lake Tanganyika! A few species occur in open water but most are found along riverbanks, often among submerged plants. They live in tropical and temperate climates.
- The freshwater puffer aquarium should be well decorated and include caves, grottos and overhangs to provide shelter and hiding places. Aquarium size depends on which species you want to keep
- What do Freshwater Puffers Eat? Smaller species are omnivorous and will thrive on a varied diet that includes Aqueon Tropical Flakes, Color Flakes, Spirulina Flakes, Tropical Granules, Algae Rounds, Bottom Feeder Tablets and Shrimp Pellets. Frozen foods should also be fed as treats to improve growth and color.
- In the case of ?Dead on Arrival? you must CONTACT US BY PHONE OR EMAIL WITHIN 1 HOUR OF DELIVERY. DO NOT remove the deceased fish from the original shipping bag and DO NOT discard the deceased item without authorization from us. Doing so will void all guarantees. We WILL NOT cover any loses caused by Fedex delivery failures or flight delays.Credit will be given for the fish only in the form of store credit. Once the fish is removed from the shipping bag, the responsibility for its health and we
Thai Live Aquarium
Thai Live Aquarium
Have questions about this item (752074339011), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Thai Live Aquarium, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
Mazuri Tortoise Diet is a high fiber diet designed for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and Galapagos tortoises. This diet may be used with other herbivorous reptiles as well. Feeding Directions:  Feed approximately 2-4% o...
mpn: 679677, ean: 5147841609643,
At last, a natural long-stem fiber diet for Tortoises. Zoo Med is proud to announce the Natural Grassland Tortoise Food and the Natural Forest Tortoise Food. These new formulas contain long-stem fibers an important part of Tortoises natural diet. Onl...
mpn: 4107982, ean: 0786714107982,
Waxworms are the larvae of wax moths with a high fat content and because of that are craved by insect eating animals! Bearded dragons, geckos, anoles, turtles, frogs, and chameleons, salamanders, and newts all love them. Hedgehogs, sugar gliders, exo...
sku: FL70008, mpn: 70008, ean: 7922315275856,
Fluker’s high calcium cricket feed is a premium formula designed for “gut-loading'' crickets to increase their vitamin/Mineral content prior to offering them as prey to your pet. This allows insect-eating pets to benefit not only from the nutriti...